Friday, May 24, 2013

No hablo Español by Catherine Renfrow

No hablo Español.  Nada. Noting.  Needless to say before leaving America I was terrified I would absolutely lost the ENTIRE duration of the trip.  Well, sometimes I am a bit confused, but never completely lost.  Angela, my sweet, sweet host mother, and I communicate through charades, pictionary, and google translate. I imagine it is quite humous for a stranger watch us interact. Her English is getting better everyday! It's amazing.   Miguel, my awesome host father, speaks English fairly well.  Anotonella is learning to speak English.  She is the most precious little girl.  She rambles to me in Spanish  I ramble back in English.  Neither one of us can understand what the other is saying, but it works!  We play lots of games together.  I imagine that is quite humorous to watch as well- I am sure I am not following her directions at all. My host family is very gracious and accepting of a gringa that does not speak Spanish! I couldn't have asked for a better family! Thank goodness for technology and kind people!

Anoto playing with a toy I brought her from the States!

Ready for my fist day of school!


I survived my first day of school! Wooo!

Practicing our numbers in Spanish and English via iPad!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment