Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wrapping Up By Maddy Womack

When I think about all the things that have happened since I have arrived in Chile, it seems surreal. The first weekend in Santiago seems like a lifetime ago, and yet it feels like everything has passed by in a flash. Monday was Antonia's birthday - 5 years old! Last weekend we went to Chuck-E-Cheese for her party, and then Fabiola and Juan Carlos came to the school Monday to celebrate with her and her classmates.

Birthday Girl at Chuck-E-Cheese!

We can have fun too!

Happy birthday Thomas Jefferson style!

This last week at Thomas Jefferson is flying by and almost over. I just cannot believe it. I think today it finally hit the students that we are going back to America. They have been so adorable and lovable and I am absolutely flattered at how much they care we are leaving. Today was nothing but hugs, kisses and goodbyes. One class in particular was especially sad to see me go, I couldn't believe it! They came to class with goodbye notes and lots and lots of long group hugs.

3B and our goodbye picture after many, many remarkable hugs

These girls just loved Mike!

Last night we had a goodbye dinner at the school with our host parents, tonight we have a goodbye dinner with our teachers, and tomorrow is our last day at Thomas Jefferson. I will never forget this experience and all of these kind, loving kids. The kids here are happy people. I think we can all agree it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment