Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Under the Sea in Kinder B! by Rachel Sunseri

Its crazy to think that we only have three more days at the Thomas Jefferson School here in ConcepciĆ³n! The school has been amazing; the staff and students are all so friendly and welcoming. I feel so comfortable at the school, that it´s hard to believe we are on an entirely different continent and have only been here a little more than two weeks!I work in Miss Alejandra´s kindergarten classroom. It is definitely an entirely new experience for me because in my field work at LSU, I have always worked with upper elementary grades. Trying to keep up with twenty-two adorable five year olds all day is fun, but definitely exhausting! The students just completed their Under the Sea unit, where they learned all sorts of vocabulary from seahorse to fisherman to submarine. I fall asleep every night with different songs about swimming with dolphins and splashing in the waves stuck in my head and of course, a kindergarten classroom would not be complete without plenty of crafts! We even were able to have a special snack one day, where students were able to try all different types of seafood. I am so sad to be leaving this wonderful class in a few days since there really is never a dull moment in Kinder B!

Trying seafood!

Under the sea paintings!

Making submarines!



No comments:

Post a Comment