Friday, June 7, 2013

Falling in Love with Preschool C



Precious Preschool C
 When I told Kenny way back in Baton Rouge that I wanted to be in a younger grade, I could have never imagined that I would fall in love with the 20 beautiful three year olds of Preschool C at TJS.  After having spent a year student teaching in a 4th grade classroom, I knew I wanted something different, but my experience went above and beyond just something different.  The lead teacher in Preschool C, Miss Valentina, is one of the most amazing teachers I have ever had the priviledge of observing.  The way she manages her class of active and happy three years olds is a thing of beauty to watch... at least in the eyes of a fellow teacher :)  I was so inspired by her and my experience in Preschool C that I have decided to pursue my PK-3 Certification!



Our Classroom


It's always a good time!

During my all-too-short time at TJS, I was able to lead an activity.  Their unit theme has been "Under the Sea", so they are taught various related vocabulary terms.  I had noticed that my students were having trouble with the term "seaweed", so I created an activity where they would make a fishbowl sea scene, complete with tissue paper seaweed!  I really enjoyed modeling and leading the activity, the kids enjoyed making their fishbowls, and it helped add to their vocabulary retention!



Showing off his fishbowl!
My last days here have been so bittersweet.  I am so thankful for the oppurtunity to have spent time in Preschool C.  Yesterday, they had a surprise party for me complete with cake, cupcakes, snacks, cards, and personalized gifts.  I was so touched by the teachers, parents, and students that made it happen for me.

My Party

I will never forget my time at The Thomas Jefferson School and particularly in Preschool C with Miss Valentina, Miss Rosita, and the most wonderful children I have ever met.  I can't wait to get home to start working on that certification!

 

Sweet Antonia


No comments:

Post a Comment