Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sweet Memories by Catherine Renfrow

As I look back on my time in Chile, all I can think of are wonderful memories! Every single second with my family, my students, and in the country has been amazing.  I am very grateful to everyone who helped make this experience possible for me, LSU professors, Thomas Jefferson School, Angela and Miguel, my parents, and countless others.  Here are a few of my memories that I want to share with you!

We played bingo to benefit a little boy, Benjamin, who is fighting cancer.  It was so much fun! Miguel would repeat the numbers to me in English, what a lifesaver.  Miguel won 2 bottles of wine (bottom left picture)!  Despite the fact that I did not win, I had the chance to watch people dance Cueca, which is the national dance of Chile.  It was a beautiful dance!

We spent one Sunday playing in the snow! It was my first time in the Andes Mountains.  It was incredible! No matter how many pictures I took I could not capture how beautiful everything was.  There is no way possible to capture the beauty.

Another new experience I had in Chile was seeing the Pacific Ocean for the first time! It was very exciting!  We ate some very delicious seafood fresh out of the ocean.  Anotonella was kind enough to take this picture of Angela and me.


I have had so many incredible, new experiences throughout my journey.  I wouldn't trade these memories for all the gold in the world.  I will treasure these memories forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment