Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sounds Forgotten and Missing by Reagan Mitchell


Sometimes I get so consumed by the daily grind and do not think about what is forgotten and missing. This stretches across many fields, however for this reflection I will confine what is forgotten and missing to sound.
            Sound is something that awakens nostalgia and incites dreaming. The sound of a huge body of water is one that I will never grow tired of. Being in ConcepciĆ³n, Chile, I have had this thought each time when visiting areas in close proximity to the Pacific Ocean.  My prior experiences with the Pacific Ocean involved only a combined two hours during family trips to San Diego, California. In these moments what I was most taken with was the sound of the ocean. Definitely a sound I had forgotten which I have been reminded about during my time in ConcepciĆ³n, Chile.


            The missing sound for me is laughter in my learning. In my two weeks at Thomas Jefferson School laughter is one sound I have heard plenty of. I noticed this in my observations of the children racing through the halls to classes as well as in classroom. Some sort of laughter is always part of these occurrences and I have found it immensely pleasurable.   

       
            

No comments:

Post a Comment