Friday, June 7, 2013

The End by Margaret Bates

I cannot believe that this experience is already over. I feel like I just got here. I am feeling very anxious thinking about leaving my family. They have been so amazing. They have brought me to so many amazing places. Chillan, waterfalls, markets, and so many more amazing places.

In Chillan, we stayed with Kennys family and Desirees family. It was so fun to spend time with everyone. It reminded me so much of my neighborhood families when I was young. Lots of children running around, adults cooking and talking loud! I felt right at home. We took hikes in the Andes Mountins. The views were amazing. We saw volcanoes and swam in pools heated by the volcanoes. I loved being there with all of the children. The weather was beautiful and perfect. Warm during the day and cold at night.

The next weekend my family took me to Salto Del Laja to see waterfalls. It was so beautiful. We went ate at a restaurant right by the waterfall and I had an amazing view of the waterfall all throughout dinner. I ate a traditional Chilean dish that included steak, onions, french fries, and two fried eggs...AMAZINGGG!! We went here with Desirees family and Hannahs family. Again, more children everywhere and it was so fun watching them run around and enjoy the sights as well with me.

Florencia is always very interested in cooking. I promised her that I would make cookies with her so last Friday we made cookies with her, Cote and a friend. We have so much fun listening to music and cooking. They girls had a great time. The next morning I cooked Jamabalya with Florencia as well. I have loved bonding with her in the kitchen. She has so much fun and I love seeing her so happy!

Today is also the last day in my classroom. I am so sad to leave the students. In just two weeks I have made such a bond with them. They threw me a surprise party with cake, chips, and cheese! It was so cute and great to see them so happy. I got some gifts from the children as well. Lots of hugs and love. The students and the teachers I was with were so amazing and I will take so much back to the states that I have learned from them.

I am feeling very sad to leave the two girls in my family. I have gotten so close with them in such a short time and they mean the world to me. I feel like I will always have a second family in Chile and that makes my heart feel happy. I am so excited to keep in touch with the girls as they get older and see what kind of adventures their lives take them on. I could not have asked for a better expereience thoughout the three weeks I have spent in Chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment